Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wool Festival and Other Delights

The reason that we scheduled our vacation at this particular time of the year was so that we could be in the right place at the right time.   I've been wanting to attend this festival for years, expecting that the destination would be as awesome as the festival itself.  And we were not disappointed.

There was a large barn of local and regional vendors with wonderful fiber, yarn, and merchandise.  Yes, I made a few purchases but I'll share that in a later post.

This handsome guy was just begging to have his picture taken.  Rather majestic looking, isn't he?  What else would you expect from a cashmere buck?


This festival had a diverse population of animals;  llamas, alpacas, paco-vicunas, goats, rabbits,  and of course, sheep. 

It was not a large festival and we were able to see just about all the exhibits in a couple hours but we decided to just hang out for the day, have lunch there, and enjoy the beautiful setting.



Besides where else could you go to be entertained by llamas on an agility course?

On our last day in the mountains we decided to do some hiking in a different area of the park.  It was like winning the lottery!

In addition to the never ending, gorgeous scenery, we were once again in the right place at the right time.  These fellas decided to come down from the mountains and crossed the trail where we were hiking.



The mountains were beautiful as well, but you can see what made the biggest impression on me that day.
As I looked back through my previous blog posts, I noticed that I neglected to include pictures of another wonderful sighting from a previous hike.  So I'll end this post with some pictures of Moose at Sprague Lake.








1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love seeing what you have been up to. Looks like you have been keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete